Island Ship Center was started by Fahim in 2006 on Baseline Road as an extension of the FedEx Authorized Shipping arm of his original business, Creative Leather Concepts.
In 2008, Fahim moved to the current location on Whitehaven Road.
Based on customer demand, office services were added to Island Ship Center including fax, copy, color copy and laminating services.
To provide a complete offering of shipping services, UPS and USPS shipping services were added. In 2013, Fahim’s wife, Seema, joined the business full time and has helped him grow the brand fully to become the #SpaOfShipping and a destination for independent shipping store owners across the country, providing more than 50 services in house.
In 2013, Fahim’s wife Seema joined the business full time and ever since then, the two of them have been making the mundane extraordinary, now providing over 60 services under one roof.
In 2016, a major addition was undertaken to add a new 24 hour Business Center and additional space for a growing Island Ship Center.
In 2017, Seema expanded the entire retail section with Seema’s Boutique, right inside Island Ship Center. Every year, on Small Business Saturday (the Saturday after Thanksgiving), Seema throws an annual purse party. It’s truly a memorable event. Subscribe to our text list to be the first to know about this event each year and gain private access to unpublished discounts.
In 2018, Fahim and Seema added cell phone repair to their already growing list of services.
Today, Island Ship Center is an independently authorized FedEx, UPS, DHL and USPS shipping provider with a full spectrum of office services. It is located in the heart of Grand Island and is the “GO TO” place for anyone needing to FAX, PACK, SHIP, SCAN, LAMINATE or COPY, ALL WITH A SMILE!
Island Ship Center has transformed into the #SpaOfShipping and the #OasisOfPrinting, providing an unforgettable experience to all its guests who enter its doors, leaving them feeling inspired, motivated, uplifted and/or rejuvenated. Let us welcome you to our family. Come by and see for yourself why we are the “Spa of shipping, printing, mail and business centers.”
Fahim Mojawalla is active with the Grand Island Chamber of Commerce & works closely with the Grand Island and Niagara Falls communites. Seema Mojawalla is also the Director of Innovation for AMBC, the Association of Mail and Business Centers.
- Monday, January 1 – New Year’s Day – Island Ship Center is closed.
- Monday, January 15 – Martin Luther King, Jr. birthday (observed) – Island Ship Center is open from 10 AM to 6 PM; FedEx & UPS are on Normal schedule; No USPS Pickups.
- Monday, February 19 – Presidents’ Day – Island Ship Center is open from 10 AM to 6 PM; FedEx & UPS are on Normal schedule; No USPS Pickups.
- Monday, May 28 – Memorial Day – Island Ship Center is closed.
- Wednesday, July 4 – Independence Day – Island Ship Center is closed. (We will probably close at 1 PM the Friday before July 4th).
- Monday, September 3 – Labor Day – Island Ship Center is closed.
- Monday, October 8 – Columbus Day – Island Ship Center is open from 10 AM to 6 PM; FedEx & UPS are on Normal schedule; No USPS Pickups.
- Monday, November 12 – Veterans’ Day Observed – Island Ship Center is open normal hours
- Thursday, November 22 – Thanksgiving Day – Island Ship Center is closed.
- Tuesday, December 25 – Christmas Day – Island Ship Center is closed.